Under the provisions of the Constitution the president is empowered to:
• Grant pardon to a convicted person either free or subject to lawful condition.
• Grant respite to a person indefinitely or for a specified duration of the execution of punishment imposed by a court of law.
• Substitute a less severe form of punishment for a punishment imposed on a person for an offence.
• Remit the whole or part of a punishment imposed on a person for an offence.
• Remove the whole or part of the disqualification of a person imposed by a court of law under the National Assembly and Presidential Elections Act.
Share with your friends