Under section 31 of the Law of Succession Act, Cap 160, Laws of Kenya, a gift in contemplation of death is valid only if:
• The donor is at the time contemplating death by reason of a present illness or present and imminent danger.
• The gift involves movable property disposable by will.
• There is delivery of possession or documents of title to the intended beneficiary.
• The donor does not survive the illness or danger.
• The beneficiary survives the donor
• The gift is made in circumstances which show that the donor intended it to revert to him should he survive the illness or danger
Share with your friends