Free Access to KNEC College Past Examination Papers
This Past Paper examination was examined by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) and it applies to the following Certificate course
Diploma in Management – Part I
Note: To easily navigate through the KNEC Past Examination Paper Pdf below, Mobile phone users are advised to use Mozilla or Chrome browsers
THE KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT
Time: 3 hours
1. (a) A receptionist is expected to enhance the image of the organization while carrying out her duties as an office staff.
Highlight the qualities that she should possess for her to do so.
(b) Explain the limitations of organizational charts as tools of office management. (10 marks)
2. (a) An organization should adopt certain measures aimed at ensuring employees safety in the office.
Explain these measures. (10 marks)
(b) Explain the ways in which an office manager can design job descriptions so as to minimise conflicts among employees. (10 marks)
3. (a) Office forms can be classified according to their use in the office operations.
Describe these classifications. (10 marks)
(b) Highlight the factors that may facilitate work simplification in the office. (10 marks)
4. (a) Describe the objectives of filing in an office.
(b) Explain the benefits of photocopying as a method of reproducing office documents. (10 marks)
5. (a) Highlight the limitations of card indexing to an organization. (10 marks)
Explain the reasons why an organisation may prefer to lease offïce machines for its operations. (10 marks)
6. (a) Koptic Ltd, a newly established organisation, intends to set performance standards for its employees.
Highlight the reasons that may account for such a move. (10 marks)
(b) Explain the ways in which the conduct of a supervisor at the work place may strain human relations in the office. (10 marks)
7. (a) Hassan has been appointed as the new office manager of Bimbo Ltd. Explain the benefits that Hassan may derive from delegating some of his work to his staff. (10 marks)
(b) Explain the ways in which a marketing department in an organisation enhances the attainment of the organisation’s goals. (10 marks)