Marketing and Research in Small Business Enterprises July 2013 Past Examination Question Paper – KNEC
This Past Paper examination was examined by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) and it applies to the following courses:
Diploma in Entrpreneurship Development – Module II
Note: To easily navigate through the KNEC Past Examination Paper Pdf below, Mobile phone users are advised to use Mozilla or Chrome browsers
DIPLOMA IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT
MARKETING AND RESEARCH IN SMALL BUSINESS ENTERPRISES
Time: 3 hours
1. (a) Prudent Consultants is a marketing research firm preparing to give a talk to a group of young researchers on the steps to be followed when selecting a sample.
Explain the steps that they should include in their presentation. (12 mans)
(b) Explain four reasons why entrepreneurs should understand consumer behaviour.
2. (a) Wekesa is a small business owner and wants to promote his products. Explain five basic elements of the promotion mix that he may use. (10 marks)
(b) Explain five methods o£ collecting primary data that may be used by small business owners.
3. (a) Mwisho Company Limited is a small-scale business which intends to market its products internationally through the internet. Explain five advantages of using this method to market the products. (10 marks)
(b) Describe five rules that researchers should follow when constructing questionnaires. (10 marks)
4. (a) Explain five indicators of a decline in the application of the marketing concept in a small business enterprise. (10 marks)
(b) Juma is a marketing consultant involved in marketing research. Explain five problems he may encounter when conducting research.
5. (a) Explain six pricing objectives that may be used by small business enterprises. (12 marks)
(b) Agnetta is a successful entrepreneur. She has been hired. to give a talk to a group of entrepreneurship students on the benefits of carrying out marketing research before starting a business. Explain four benefits that she should emphasize on when giving her talk. (8 marks)
6. (a) Explain six strategies that may be used by small scale enterprises in order to retain their customers. (12 marks)
(b) The first step in data analysis is editing. Explain four reasons why researchers need to edit data. (8 marks)
7. (a) Small enterprise owners should regularly assess the environment in which they carry out their businesses in order to remain competitive. Explain the importance of this practice. (10 marks)
(b) Describe five methods that may be used by a research firm to disseminate information to its clients. (10 marks)