- Briefly explain, giving an example in each case, five functions of an audit software interrogation programme.
- File reorganization – enables indexing, sorting, merging and linking with other files;
- Data selection – enables data filtration
- File access- enables the reading of different record formats and file structures;
- Arithmetic functions – enables the performance of arithmetic functions;
- Selecting samples or items for testing e.g. selecting debtors accounts that have been outstanding for more than the credit period;
- Printing reports or letters in a format specified by the auditor.
- Detection of violation of systems limits e.g. a sales ledger can be checked to ensure no customer has a balance above the authorized credit limit;
- Testing reasonableness checks e.g. ensuring the value of purchases is not greater than the value of stocks received
Share with your friends